The Duck Flower is a popular alkaline detox that is great for removing excess mucus and toxins from the body. The flower is from a plant that is located in the Caribbean, Central, and North America. Also known as the “The Duck’, this is great for a quick detox that can last up to 8 hours.
The Duck was made famous by Dr. Sebi, who used it at his Usha Village in Honduras. This is an age-old tribal and spiritual medicine and is not meant to be taken lightly.
The plant has a lot of benefits. It was traditionally used as an anti-inflammatory agent and for the treatment of snakebites. Medicinally, Duck flower is also used to increase sexual desire; it is used for intestinal pain, gallbladder pain, arthritis, gout, achy joints, rheumatism, eczema, weight loss, and wounds. Recently, it was found to be helpful with weight loss. 
Detoxing is admittedly the best way to incorporate this powerful ancient herb into your lifestyle. It’s a safe and beginner-friendly detox. However, like all detoxes and herbal remedies, it has a different effect on everyone and you should always seek the advice of a healthcare professional.
If you decide to do a duck flower detox, here are some of the benefits that you may experience.
Benefits of a Duck Flower Detox:
- It may cleanse your body of toxins and mucus
- It may remove both parasites and waste that may be in the intestinal tract.
- Mental clarity is also a possible benefit of the detox. Consuming the duck flower may increase your energy.
- The duck flower notoriously reduces menstrual cramps and regulates your period.
- It may also remove heavy metals
- After the detox, cravings and bloating may reduce significantly
Side Effects of the duck flower detox:
- Increased bowel movements, nausea and vomiting
- You may experience diarrhea and/or constipation
- Profuse sweating
- You may experience hives/or hot flashes
- Strong body odor may also ensue